Water Tests for Existing Home Wells
(nonpublic water systems)
testing - Total Coliform Bacteria/E. Coli Bacteria
Frequency - Annually (alternating seasons)
(if there is a history of previous postitive samples,
more frequent testing is recommended)
reasons for frequent testing:
- open or dug well
- unusual episodes of diarrhea especially among visitors
to the home.
odor, color, or turbidity (cloudiness) is a problem;
or if other water quality problems exist (see chart)
additional testing maybe necessary.
chemical testing is also warranted if the home is located:
- in a heavy industrialized area
- near gasoline service stations
- machine shops
- dry cleaners
- near a hazardous waste source or a landfill
- if nearby houses have reported problems
- if you feel your water has some unusual taste, odor,
can advise you on what specific tests to have performed.
Our Lab as well as your local health officials may also
have a record of water quality problems in your region
and can offer information and advice.
call for more information Toll
FREE (888) 322-LABS